Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Back from the Con

I didn't spend the whole con at the game I mentioned in my last post. But I was there for all but about 4 hours of it (by Saturday night I really needed sleep. And then when I tried to sleep, I couldn't.)

I had fun, made 4th level, and kicked a kid in the ass who desperately needed it.

Now, I want to be clear here: I didn't kick a child. My character kicked his character in the ass.

Like a lot of today's younger gamers (and, sadly, some of the older ones), this kid didn't have the social skills one would expect of a normal human being. He interrupted, he ignored, he babbled, he complained.

He carried a tower shield everywhere, then attacked with his two-handed weapons and/or moved farther than he should. And that was just part of it.

I don't even remember what it was that specifically set me off, but at one point I had simply Had. Enough.

So I grabbed my d20 and told the DM "Alright, I'm kicking him in the ass. I'm rolling to hit!"

And I hit.

And I did 4 points of damage.

3 points were subdual damage, but the fourth was real; this is the way of these things.

Boy, was that kid pissed!


(Heading out from work now; I'll finish this later.)

1 comment:

Edsan said...

That's the spirit!

Put those uneducated runts in their place. :)