Thursday, September 11, 2008

Pictures



Okay, here are the pictures, for a side-by-side comparison.

The only change between them is the miracle dip, which I linked to earlier.

I love the way it both coats the figure (because I just know players are going to pick them up...) and stains it all in one step. (And yes, that is the exact same figure in both pictures.)

The dip looks really good on metal, such as armor. But it also brings out details that painters of my skill level cannot paint individually.

3 comments:

Jeff Rients said...

Wow! You've really sold me on dipping!

Will Douglas said...

Then my work here is done.

One thing I was going to mention but forgot before is application. Some guys actually dip the figures, but I usually have mine stuck to strips of cardboard (so I can paint a bunch at a time). So when it comes to dipping, I use a brush.

Clean up involves something noxious called mineral spirits. But I found a work-around: At my local dollar store I found a set of 15 wood-handled paintbrushes. At that price, they're disposable; once I'm done dipping, in the trash they go.

Works for me, anyway.

Andrew said...

very well done. If I paint miniatures ever again, I'll dip.