Thursday, April 9, 2009

By Request - Close Ups!





I had a request for close up pictures of my figures, so I tried it. Whaddya know? The digital zoom on my camera works pretty well. Here we go!

The pictures get imported funny; they're not in the order I asked for them. Oh well. They should be pretty obvious, anyway.

The women are, from left to right, a Cleric, a Fighter, a Magic-User and a Thief. At least that's how I see them. (From behind they're the other way around.)

The men you've already seen, although here you can see them better.

I'm kind of impressed with how these have all come out. I'm happy that I have a consistent methodology:

A) to produce figures suitable for actual play,

B) that doesn't take a long time to complete, and

C) that gives me figures of a decent quality (i.e.; I don't have to hang my head in shame when compared to the "real" figure painters).

And as usual, click to enlarge them.

That's all for now.

5 comments:

Jeff Rients said...

That barbarian axe looks a lottle less ridiculous when painted. I laughed out loud the first time I saw that one.

Will Douglas said...

Yeah.

Considering how non-Schwarzenegger the musculature was, they really went overboard with that axe.

But a bit o' paint covers a multitude of sins...

Chris T said...

Not bad. Keep at it, mate, and keep experimenting. When I started painting it took me a long while, and some aggravation, to get it right but once I got it sussed it was pretty easy.

Miskatonic said...

Those are quite decent. I like the green guy. Hope you bring them to Kesher's next session.

Will Douglas said...

Miskatonic, yeah, that's the plan.

The green guy is an orc barbarian (or barbaric orc; I'm not sure). I hope to have enough orcs to actually fight one day.

You know, it occurs to me that a possible reason there are so many humans/humanoids in D&D is that those are the figures Gary and Dave could get their hands on (in the late 60's/early 70's, there weren't too many monster figures being made...)