Monday, May 4, 2009

I'm back and I'm back.

No, I'm not just repeating myself in the title of this post.

I'm back from my honeymoon in Las Vegas (which is an awesome place, if a bit overstimulating for herself).

And I'm also back in work mode for my comic strip, The Education of a Magic-User.

I had bupkis. I mean absolute nada. Zip. Zilch. Goose-egg.

So I emailed Calithena that I'd have nothing and that I was sorry. (Hey, it was the least I could do: The official deadline was something like March 24...)

And as soon as I had given up, as soon as the deadline had irretrievably passed, that's when I finally come up with an idea. (It's kind of zen, in an asinine sort of way, but hey, it's me.)

And that's when Cal got back to me and said he could give me until Thursday, because the humor section is its own self-contained space and doesn't need monkeying with, layout-wise.

So I'm back in the old cartooning chair at the drawing table tonight. I have my script pretty well worked out (always the tough bit), and the drawing should be a breeze.


It's good to be back.

No comments: